This is a great challenge to get the best product for your child from thousands of their kind.
A market is full of a plethora of many types of bicycles. In this ocean of bikes, it is not an easy task to find a bike that will be perfectly matched for you.
Every kid needs to learn how to balance and steer for riding a bike properly. Because they won't be riding their bike forever on training wheels. So, balance bikes come as a very suitable means to make your child understand the trick of balancing and steering.
It would be best to consider some of the things when buying your child a balance bike. Such as bicycle weight, seat height, brakes, wheel, and built materials, etc because these are the most important things for kids.
Below I have prepared a table of 7 best balance bikes under $100 for your convenience:
|Product||Age Range (Years)||Weight (lbs)||Tire||Frame||Price|
|Strider 12 Classic||1.5-3||6.7||Foam||Steel||$ 88.99|
|Swagtron K3||2-5||7||Air||Aluminum||$ 59.99|
|KAZAM v2e||Upto 5||8||EVA Foam||Aluminum/ Steel||$40.65|
1. Strider 12 Classic
The Strider 12 classic is mostly designed for ambitious cyclists children between 18 months to 3 years.
The Strider 12 Classic bike is another super creation of the manufacturer in the bike world. You can set up the adjustable seat and handlebar according to your child’s requirements.
You will also get the maximum featured balance bike in the limited budget which may go beyond your expectations.
On the other hand, you will also learn to ride guide online when your kid registers to Strider. This is an awesome no-pedal bike that is specially designed for your young kids to learn to balance.
This bike is the mentor choice with comes on a very friendly budget. Especially those who want to jump in the pool but aren’t quite ready to cannonball.
By riding with the Strider 12 Classic, your toddlers can keep balance and steering at an earlier age. Also, you will get a free online guide named “Learn to Ride” while your product registers in Strider.
Adjustable Seat & Handlebar- The seat & handlebar’s height can be adjusted (12″ to 17″) according to the desire of your kids. As a result, your kids feel comfortable during riding.
Light Weight- The weight of Strider is only 6.7 lbs. That’s why your dear kids can control it easily and also able to learn riding.
Puncture-free Tire- This is one of the great features of the bike’s wheel, being 100% puncture-free. So that never worried about puncture or pinning at the time of riding.
Pros & Cons
- The lowest seat height ensures your toddler’s foot landing on the ground.
- It has gripped footrests that allow your kid’s foot to take rest sometimes.
- The wheel is made from rubber. So, it never needs to fill the air, and it is 100% puncture-free.
- Lightweight is a bike frame. So, your kids can control, balance, and operate it easily.
- Strider 12 Classic is easy to assemble anytime or any place.
- It has an adjustable seat & handlebar. For this, you can set seats easily & handle accommodate your kids.
- Ultra-light despite made by rubber the wheel.
- Rubber wheels can’t live longer than others.
- Unable to convert it into a pedal bike in the future.
Pricing: Strider 12 classic model has launched to the market with a friendly price of $ 76.68 based on the respective models. Remember, this is more than just a bike.
2. Royalbaby Pony
In the RoyalBaby Pony balance bike, the recommended age is to be 2 to 6 years old toddlers.
The RoyalBaby balance bike is the perfect combination of quality and style. It will be an awesome gift to bring your kids more joy and laughter.
Unique Design- A patented storage seat with an enclosed shoulder strap for parents to carry around makes it comfortable for parents.
Adjustable Seat- Adjustable seat makes it more comfortable for kids riding, and it also helps with increasing its service life.
Comfortable Grips-Comfortable grips make it easier for kids in handling and even much safer.
Unique TPR Rubber Pad- Sliding freely and fast under the protection of the chest cushion. Let the kids fly like a bird.
Pros & Cons
- Air tires for great traction and cushioning
- True headset keeps alignment better
- Sealed bearings for smoother rolling tires
- Quick-release for easy seat height adjustment
- The carrying strap is stored under the seat
- A bit heavy
- No handbrake
Pricing: Royalbaby pony balance bike’s estimated price is $79.99 on Amazon. I think this is a reasonable price on behalf of the parents.
3. Swagtron K3
Recommended ages for 2 to 5 years older toddlers.
The K3 is designed with your child’s empowerment in mind, with a kid-friendly weight. The seat position to the angle of the front fork and the length of the wheelbase is appropriate.
The K3 is easy for toddlers to master riding and maneuvering.
Adjustable Seat-Height- Not everyone learns at the same speed. The K3’s seat adjusts to accommodate. By letting them start young and develop at their ownpace.
Quick and Easy Assembly-With Swagtron K3, you receive everything you need to assemble the K3. Then, in a matter of minutes, your kid will be up and running, improving their balance and coordination.
The Real feel of a Bike- a 12-inch air-filled rubber tire provides superior traction and cushioning compared to solid foam/plastic tires. And this makes the Swagtron K3 the perfect transition to a real bike.
Pros & cons
- Air tires at a great price!
- The lightweight aluminum frame the lightest
- Budget bike with air tires
- Beautiful textured, matte finish
- The threadless headset keeps handlebars from
- Twisting out of place
- Soft, padded saddle
- It comes in blue or pink
- Seat height range is limited – just 3″
- Seat height requires a tool to adjust.
Pricing: Marvelous Swagtron K3 no pedal Bike estimated price only $59.99, which the best affordable price for a comfortable bike.
4. GOMO Balance Bike
In the Gomo balance bike, is recommended age is to be 1.5 to 5 years older toddlers.
To ride like the big kids, there’ll be a few spills along the way. So the GOMO is given with a steel frame that is light as well as tough.
It’s the first bike that grows with the growth of your kids and their confidence.
Quick & Easy Assembly- Quick 1-minute Assembly with instructions and tools all included makes the Gomo bike a quick and easy bike for your kids.
Outdoor and Indoor Use- The bike can be used indoors and outdoors because of the durable wheels for outdoor terrain and non-damaging for indoor floors.
Ready for the Pedals- pedal-less bike design with safety footrests for balancing and practicing will make kids super ready for the pedals.
Puncture-Free Tires- The durable EVA foam tires for all-terrain adventures make biking more comfortable and easygoing.
Lightweight- GOMO means “Get Out More Often”, made from strong aluminum and lightweight at only 7.1 lbs for hassle-free portability.
Pros & Cons
- Very well made for the price
- The extended wheelbase gives more room for the rider to move around and grow
- Easy-to-use, tool-free seat post, and handlebar clamps
- Adjustable height handlebars keep it a great fit as kids grow
- Tucked away footrest
- Available in four different colors
- Foam tires provide less traction and cushioning
- Plastic rims provide less stability
Pricing: Gomo balance bike’s estimated price is $49.90 on Amazon.
5. Bixe Balance Bike
For the Bixe balance bike, the recommended age is 2 to 5 years older for toddlers.
Bixe balance bike helps your tots how to ride without any training wheels. Bixe is the best balance bike at the lowest cost.
And know that each bike is built and inspected with keeping your child’s safety in mind.
Extremely Safe Design- Extremely safe design makes it more reliable for parents. For example, both wheels are equipped with safety washers. And each frame build to way exceeds the weight limits of even larger children.
Easy control- The seat adjusts as low as 11″ from the ground to 17″ tall. The handlebars will change from 20″ at the lowest point to 24″ tall. They are making this the best option for young beginners learning to ride a bike.
Frame- The all-aluminium Frame and foam tires makes this one of the lightest balance bikes in the world.
Pros & Cons
- The low budget balance bikes available
- Lightweight aluminium frame – just 4.6 lbs!
- Foam tires never go flat.
- The frame design provides room for kids to manoeuvre the bike comfortably.
- Foam tires provide minimal traction and no cushioning. Not ideal for non-paved surfaces.
- No handbrake
- The seat height range is limited.
- Seat height adjustments require tools.
Pricing: Bixe balance bike estimated price is $44.30 on Amazon.
6. KAZAM v2e No-Pedal Bike
Suggested age limit of KAZAM v2e balance bike is for toddlers up to 5 years old.
KAZAM is one of the best alternatives to training wheels. It focused on the necessary elements of biking or cycling, which are more needful for your kids.
KAZAM helps your children balancing, and proper steering. And at the same time, your kids will learn how to build confidence & independence.
Patented Designed & spaced Footrests- KAZAM’s pedal-less bike has natural. And spacious footrests that assist your kids in holding balance provide feet rest from hanging.
Available with the EVA Foam & Air Tire- You can purchase Foam or Rubber tires bike despite both are available. Just remember Foam wheel is light but not durable. On the other hand, the Rubber tire is heavy but durable.
There is no need for Tool to Saddle height adjustment- Another facility does not need any surplus tools to adjust the saddle. That’s beyond the trouble.
Pros & Cons
- Efficiency designed footrest allows proper foot placement and balance.
- Effective & Adjustable Seat & Handlebar.
- Seat height can be adjusted on the spot (12″-17″), and extra tools are not required.
- Puncture resistance & maintenance-free EVA tire.
- Light-weighted 8 lbs completely.
- All tools included for Assembly.
- Available in various colors like Blue, Red, Green, Pink, Black, White, Orange & multicolor.
- Foam tire can’t long-lasting.
- The aluminum frame may scratch at any time.
- Not suitable for more than five years of older children.
Pricing: KAZAM v2e’s price would be from $40.65 based on the respective models.
7. Radio Flyer Balance Bike
Manufacturer recommended age for the Radio Flyer from 30 months to 5 years older kids.
This bike is structurally designed in a pattern as your kids will quickly learn to ride. Due to the light-weighted steel frame, kids can control balance easily. And it allows your kid to only focuses on balance.
On the other hand, a real bicycle bell is attested on handlebars to make more fun during riding.
Traction Tread Tires- Wheel made by traction tread tires that hug the road and reduce the risk. This is also punctured by a free tire, so no need for maintenance.
Adjustable Seat- Adjustable seat can grow with your child grows and ensures extra comfort of learning riding. It further has no tool required to adjust the seat.
Real Ringing Bell- To make it more fun and interesting, riding the bike has attached a real bicycle ringing bell. In addition, that can also inform you regarding the place of the toddler’s presence.
Lightweight Frame- a sturdy steel frame being used in these bikes assure for durability and lightweight.
Pros & Cons
- Quickly learn to ride due to friendly design.
- Adjustable seats can adjust according to your kids, and no need for any tools to adjust.
- The traction treads tire hug road and ensures safety.
- The sturdy lightweight steel frame makes sure durability and easy to control.
- Ringing bell makes more fun riding to tots.
- Radio Flyer advertised that they over 100 years of quality products that inspire adventures.
- Foam tires may not be durable or long-lasting.
- Limited colors like Gray.
Pricing: This is a comfortable bike affordable price by showing from $29.98 based on the respective models of this bike. You will also get more than just a bike against the estimated cost.
Things to Consider while Choosing a Balanced Bike
Here is a guide on how to choose a balance bike for your kids and what factors to consider. I have tried to discuss some of the balance bikes and other important facts to help you choose the right bike for your beloved children.
When it comes to size, “one-size-fits-all “is the illusion. Let’s talk about reality now. The same bike will not give the right fit for a 1-year-old and a 6-year-old.
The best way to determine the right size would be to look at the size of the tires and the seat’s height. Normally, 10 to 12-inch tires are considered a good choice for the beginners.
In contrast, 14 to 16-inch tires are ideal for taller and longer school children.
Experts recommend a weight-bearing bike that exceeds 30% of your child’s weight. For example, a 10-pound bicycle proves to be difficult to maneuver with a 25-pound baby.
However, the same bike can also be a piece of cake for the kids of a 35-pound baby. So be sure to choose a bike that is built to be simple without having to compromise.
A balance bike is about running and gliding. It is natural for children to lean forward when running. But for doing that too, they will need more space.
That said, you need to think of a balanced bike with geometry that creates more space between the handlebars and the seat post. This makes it easier to stretch the legs to run more comfortably and naturally.
The tires on a balanced bike will determine the smoothness and movement of the wheels. There are various types of tires that are normally used on balanced bicycles.
Air tires provide more drag and traction and are considered to be the best tires. Foam tires are cheap, light and do not require punching. However, they lack in terms of drag.
Rubber tires are quite sturdy, guaranteeing piercing and better grip than foam wheels. Plastic is the lightest but low quality.
Although the rider’s feet provide some stopping power, the brakes are usually best considered. They help prevent injuries and keep your baby’s shoe from getting torn quickly. Brakes are generally recommended when your child is 3.5 years old.
You can learn more about balance bikes by reading the following article: