During the holiday event, Phasmophobia rolled out the new updates to version 0.9.4.0 on January 9, 2024.
Phasmophobia features haunted locations to collect evidence and uncover the ghost’s identity haunting the premises.
Continue reading about screen space illumination in Phasmophobia.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI)?
Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI) is a fancy term for a feature that makes the lighting in a game or scene look more realistic.
It uses information about how far away things are and their colors to figure out how light bounces around.
Moreover, it goes a step further by using tools like ray tracing (RTGI), which creates realistic graphics.
Whether exploring dimly lit corridors or in the glow of ambient light, the influence of SSGI on gameplay is distinct.
Screen Space Global Illumination (SSGI) In Phasmophobia
SSGI significantly enhances gameplay by bringing another level of realism to the lighting dynamics of Phasmophobia.
SSGI in Phasmophobia enhances shadows, and lighting interacts dynamically.
Simultaneously, it creates an immersive and visually appealing experience for players.
The refined effects of SSGI contribute to an enhanced sense of atmosphere.
As it creates in-game scenes of Phasmophobia, players feel more authentic and engaging.
Likewise, Gamers Gear Daily via X/Twitter also stated that all new lighting stuff makes the game’s graphics look more realistic.
It also adds a layer of visual elegance that elevates the overall gaming experience in Phasmophobia.
However, this feature of Phasmophobia, will stop other lighting elements, such as camera, light probes, and the ambient probe.
Other Updates With SSGI In Phasmophobia
There are several changes that have been implemented in Phasmophobia, including lighting enhancements.
Some of them are:
- Quicker and more consistent reflections when toggling lights.
- Adjustments to brightness sliders.
- Enhanced hiding spots in the Grafton farmhouse.
- Fine-tuning of player’s post-processing.
- Performance enhancements when toggling the fuse box.
Likewise, with the updates, this latest version also includes bug fixes and improvements, including:
- Restoration of shine to metallic doorknobs.
- Resolution of several safe spots in the Willow area.
- Resolution of glitches and safe spots in various locations in Sunny Meadows.
- Correction of item requirements in weekly challenges like “Deja Vu” and “Glow in the Dark.”
- Adjustments to Tanglewood’s reflection probe for proper object glow.
- Accurate display of motion sensor detections on the truck map.
The Bottom Line
The Screen Space Illumination elevates gameplay with dynamic lighting interactions, contributing to an engaging atmosphere in Phasmophobia.
With the addition of SSGI in Phasmophobia, it made the game way easier for players to see and navigate around in darkness.