In Starfield, the secret many players are interested in is the chest glitch, which is a way to get many credits and other valuable items.
However, some players have discovered a way to exploit the game’s mechanics and access hidden chests that contain many credits.
In Starfield, the chest glitch is an exploit in the game that lets players access hidden vendor chests containing many credits and other valuable items. However, to access the chest glitch, you need to find a pathway to the underground of New Atlantis City.
Continue reading more about how to find chest glitches in Starfield.
What Is A Chest Glitch In Starfield?
A chest glitch is a term used to describe a bug or exploit that allows players to access a vendor’s inventory without interacting with them.
However, players can loot the vendor’s items without paying or trading anything.
Similarly, the vendor’s inventory is usually stored in a hidden chest near them, often under the map or inside a wall.
The chest glitch can be performed using various methods, such as clipping through the terrain, jetpacks, or specific items.
How To Find The Chest Glitch In Starfield?
There are several locations where players can find the chest glitch in Starfield.
Still, one of the most popular and easy ones is in New Atlantis, the capital city of the planet Jemison.
New Atlantis is a sprawling metropolis that has a commercial district, a residential district, and a spaceport.
However, the chest glitch can be found in the commercial district, where many shops and vendors exist.
To find the chest glitch in New Atlantis, players need to follow these steps:
- Go to the commercial district and look for a shop called Outland. It is located near a large tree and a fountain.
- Jump over the building where you can see the door on the right side.
- You will see a small gap between the tree and the wall on the door. You can use this gap to get under the map.
- Once you are under the map, you need to jump off the clip. After you jump just land on the platform below.
- At the corner, you will see a wooden crate floating in mid-air. This crate contains R2-D2’s hidden chest, which has its inventory.
- Jump on the crate and loot the chest. You will find at least 72,000 credits and various items, such as weapons, armor, mods, consumables, and materials.
Are There Any Other Chest Glitch In Starfield?
Other chest glitches in Starfield can be found in different locations.
However, this might not work for everyone since some players have reported that they cannot replicate it.
Other ways to get chest glitches in Starfield are:
- This chest glitch is right under the ship service technician. Walk down the ramp behind him where you can see the UC security and safety board.
- On the way down, you will notice that the floor at the bottom of the ramp is not there.
- Now, you need to jump under the floor and go towards where the technician is. There, you will find the chest glitch.
Read more about Starfield Landing Pad With Shipbuilder Not Working.
How To Reset The Chest Glitch In Starfield?
The chest glitch can be reset by traveling to another planet and waiting for 24 in-game hours.
Likewise, this will refresh the vendor’s inventory and credits, allowing you to loot the chest again.
To reset the chest glitch, you need to follow these steps:
- Travel to Venus using your ship or a fast travel station since the time in Venus works differently.
- Wait for 24 in-game hours by using a bed or a chair.
- Travel back to New Atlantis and repeat the steps above to reaccess the chest.
What Will You Find Inside The Chest Glitch In Starfield?
The contents of the chest glitch vary depending on the vendor and their specialization.
Similarly, the amount of credit can also vary from chest and time taken to reset.
However, some everyday items that players can find are:
- Credits: The main currency of Starfield, which can be used to buy items, upgrade equipment, travel between planets, and more.
- Weapons: Various firearms, melee weapons, energy weapons, explosives, and more.
- Armor: Various types of protective gear, such as helmets, suits, gloves, boots, shields, and more.
- Consumables: Various items that can be used to restore health, stamina, oxygen, radiation levels, etc., such as medkits, stim packs, oxygen tanks, ranaway, etc.
- Materials: Various types of resources that can be used to craft items or upgrade equipment, such as metal scraps, plastic parts, electronic components, chemicals, etc.
The Bottom Line
Overall, the chest glitch is a way to access hidden vendor chests that contain a lot of credits and items in Starfield.
It can be found in several locations, but one of the easiest is New Atlantis on Jemison Planet.
Similarly, the chest can be reset by traveling to another planet and waiting 24 hours.