The Elite Clue Scroll in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) refers to a high-level type of clue scroll within the Treasure Trail.
However, it is extremely difficult to obtain Elite Clue due to the challenging requirements and rare drop rates.
Continue reading this article to learn more about Elite Clue and how to obtain it in OSRS.
Table of Contents Show
What Is Elite Clue In OSRS?
The Elite Clue Scroll, introduced on June 12, 2014, is the game’s second-highest tier of Treasure Trail.
Elite clues typically have 5-7 steps which means players have to complete different tasks before reaching the final reward.
Completing an elite clue trail earns players an elite reward casket one of the most valuable rewards in the game.
Similarly, this casket has the potential to contain valuable and unique rewards such as Generic and Shared treasure trail items.
Moreover, generic treasure trail items are rewards that players can obtain across all clue tiers.
Shared treasure trail items, on the other hand, are rarer rewards that are shared specifically between the higher-tier clues.
Lastly, after completing 200 elite clues, the player will receive a heavy casket as a reward.
How To Obtain Elite Clue In OSRS?
In Old School RuneScape (OSRS), Elite Clue can be obtained from various sources.
Likewise, obtaining the Elite Clue also depends upon what kind of boss monster players rather kill, or what skill they prefer to train.
Players can acquire Elite Clue in the game from the following primary sources:
- Firstly, players can get it by killing strong enemies and bosses, as it has a high chance of dropping them.
- The bosses such as the Barrows Brothers have a 1/200 chance of dropping an elite clue upon chest loot.
- Furthermore, the other boss Salarin the Twisted has a 1/500 possibility of getting it.
- The other way is by certain types of implings, like the eclectic impling, as it has a chance to drop elite clues.
- Similarly, players can also get it in the game by completing the Challenge of Raids.
- Raiding offers not only epic battles but also potential elite clue rewards in Old School RuneScape (OSRS).
- The other option to get in the game is by Skilling Clues without participating in battle.
- As, Skilling Clues helps players to get Elite Clue through various non-combat activities like fishing, mining, and woodcutting.
Why Elite Clues Are Considered Challenging?
Many players find Elite Clues challenging in Old School RuneScape (OSRS) due to the following reasons:
- The puzzle aspects of the clues can be quite tricky and require understanding wordplay and references to different parts of the game.
- Similarly, some clues involve fighting difficult monsters, requiring good gear and tactics.
- Defeating these monsters and bosses is extremely challenging and requires a lot of effort.
- The clues can send players all over the game world, which requires efficient travel methods and knowledge of shortcuts.
The Bottom Line
Players can acquire Elite Clues by engaging in combat with enemies or from non-combat activities such as fishing and mining.
However, the drop rates vary depending on the source of Elite Clues.